Twitter launches Periscope Audio for live audio streaming
September 10, 2018
Twitter has launched Periscope Audio - an audio-only version of Periscope, which allows you to stream to Twitter users anywhere in the world. The feature was dreamt up during a hackweek for the company.
Podstand is a new tool, allowing you to share your podcast subscriptions - if you're using a product that allows you to export OPML. The most popular podcast on the service is the Accidental Tech Podcast, featuring (among others) Overcast's Marco Arment.
The podcast industry in Spain is just beginning to form, says a piece in a Spanish publication. It points to branded content from Iberia and Fundación Telefónica.
Audio Editing Made Easy! — Make great-sounding productions without tweaking every fade for an hour ... Get your 90-day Hindenburg Journalist PRO trial and special Podnews discount today!
Alitu.com Automates Your Editing & Production — Alitu is a web tool that can automate your editing! It polishes your audio, adds music, combines clips, adds transitions & offers super-easy editing & trim tools. Save hours & beat the tech stress!
Optimize Your Show with a Podcast Audit — Make sure your podcast sounds great and reaches your target audience with a Podcast Audit from The Podcast Consultant. Learn more at AuditMyPodcast.com. Use code "podnews" to save $50.
Lantigua Williams & Co have launched Key Conversations with Phi Beta Kappa. The podcast "features extensive conversations with Phi Beta Kappa Visiting Scholars and experts in the fields of international law, Shakespeare, microbiology, economics of science, early modern European art history, and astronautics, among others."
- The future of podcasting is educational, argues James McWilliams, saying podcasters, rather than the conventional media or education establishment, are in a position to shape the tone and content of public discourse.
- Podcasting websites should focus on email list building, not iTunes subscribers, says Juergen Berkessel.
- New York Magazine is looking for a Podcast Producer
- Daily Show Audio Producers and Senior Producers wanted for the Washington Post
- Let your HR team know - Podnews is free for jobs. Just email yours to firstname.lastname@example.org
Podnews will be at the London Podcast Festival meetup on Sunday 12-2pm(ish), as part of the Podcast Maker Weekend. Look for the tall chap in the $10 branded shirt, and ask us for a laptop sticker.
<< Audiobooks pitted against movies: which are more emotionally engaging?