When life gives you Parkinson's
September 11, 2018
Ten million people have been diagnosed with it - but few people know much about it. When life gives you Parkinson's launches tomorrow; co-hosted by Larry Gifford (above), a thirty-year broadcast veteran who was diagnosed in August 2017. "My goal is to help people with Parkinson’s realize they aren’t alone", Gifford says in a press release. (CuriousCast / Parkinson Canada / Omny Studio)
Podsquad is "designed to help small-independent podcasters build their audiences more efficiently on social media and so we're hoping to gather feedback from as many podcasters (and people who work in podcasting) as possible." You can sign up to be part of the beta on the website.
Yamaha will supply prizes at the Australian Podcast Awards next year.
Optimize Your Show with a Podcast Audit — Make sure your podcast sounds great and reaches your target audience with a Podcast Audit from The Podcast Consultant. Learn more at AuditMyPodcast.com. Use code "podnews" to save $50.
Get Early Access to Podchaser Creator Profiles — Hosts, Producers, Editors, and all podcast Creators, sign up for early access to your Podchaser Creator profile, and TeePublic will send you a free t-shirt and sticker branded with your podcast art!
At the end of the IAB Podcast Upfront was a chat with Bob Pittman, CEO and Chairman of iHeartMedia, and Jarl Mohn, CEO of National Public Radio. Here it is in print form. Question from the moderator: "How do you ensure that podcasts don't cannibalize terrestrial live radio?"
In a survey, Adobe Analytics claim that 48% of US consumers will have a smart speaker by the end of the year; and that 32% of US consumers apparently have one now. The link in the TechCrunch article to the full research is no longer working, if you'd like to dig a little deeper into these surprising numbers.
The US military have developed a microphone and earpiece that clamps to your teeth.
- Stop chasing a larger audience before you've even started to work on improving your podcast, says Reddittor fitzrhapsody. "This complete and total obsession with numbers is getting really ridiculous. If numbers are your God, then you're in the wrong church."
- Dave Keine want you to freshen up your podcast subscriptions - a campaign called #PodcastParedown asks you to unsusbcribe from podcasts you don't listen to any more, find new ones, and share them on Twitter using a hashtag.
- Ellen on the Go is an audio catch-up, "giving a never-before-seen glimpse into how the daily talk show comes together from the creative minds that make it all happen." (WAD Productions / Wondery / ART19)
- The View, an ABC daytime television program in the US, is also now available as a (37m) podcast. The announcement says that the podcast will be available by 4pm ET each day - the program finishes airing at 3pm ET on the West Coast.
- The award for most positive press release goes to Andrew Dice Clay's brand new show. It's part of GaS Digital, "home to Legion of Skanks, Real Ass Podcast, Tim Dillon is Going to Hell, High Society Radio, Part of the Problem and the SDR Show".
- 10 Steps to Starting a Successful Podcast (Resonate Recordings)
Our podcast pages now include prominent Google Podcasts and Apple Podcasts buttons. (Here's an example). We're also parsing descriptions for Patreon links, to help you support the podcasts you like.
Thank you to Alternate Thursdays, who "make premium hit podcasts for talent, brands and our obsessions", for becoming a silver supporter today!
<< Twitter launches Periscope Audio for live audio streaming