Libsyn launches new Libsyn5 interface
Libsyn has put its new user interface, Libsyn5, live to all users. The new interface is easier to use, and features 'social scheduling’ and support of the locked tag.
Podcasting in China is not that popular yet, but things are changing, according to Head of Capital Markets for LIZHI, Effy Kang, speaking to the Podland podcast. “The lower penetration rate in China indicates a growth potential in the future”, she told us. She sees more connected devices, 5G, and increasing use in-car as being opportunities for more audio consumption. Hear a full interview in the Podland podcast today.
Audacy’s Cadence13 has partnered with an anonymous instagram account for a new podcast. The insta account is celebrity gossip account @DeuxMoi, and the new show is called Deux/U.
Disgraceland creator and host Jake Brennan produces a list of podcasts to listen to on the Pocket Casts blog.
ABC News has launched a Good Morning America Apple Podcasts channel, and three new podcasts.
In Canada, Pattison Media’s Everything Podcasts Ltd has launched Snapcasts. They’re 5-to-8 minute podcasts, giving clients “a dynamic, cost-efficient audio content alternative”.
- We have a Snapcast too, it turns out. You can listen on your smart speaker or on your podcast app.
Moves and hires - with Pod People
- Arif Noorani, Executive Producer of CBC Podcasts, has been promoted to Director of the division.
- Jules Gill-Peterson is the new host of Slate’s queer podcast Outward. She is a professor of transgender history, politics and culture at Johns Hopkins, and an author.
- Kristiana Carlet has been hired by Spotify as international sales chief. She was at Yahoo.
Tips and tricks - with Podpage
- Want to test out a new podcast idea without actually making a podcast? Why not make a WhatsApp group instead?
Podcast News - with Quill
Latest Pod Jobs