Should Kim Kardashian listen to your podcast?
August 27, 2018 · Updated July 19, 2019 · 1.4 minutes to read
Is this the day podcasts go mainstream? Kim Kardashian has discovered podcasts, and she wants to know what to listen to.
Spotify is moving too slowly and tentatively, says Fast Company’s David Lidsky. It points out that the $1m Amy Schumer 3 Girls, 1 Keith podcast isn’t exclusive (it’s on Apple and Google), and that 'windowing’ has historically “failed miserably”.
David Oxenford, a (very nice) broadcast lawyer, writes about getting releases from interview subjects. Getting a release may help lessen legal risk, he notes.
Alitu.com Automates Your Editing & Production — Alitu is a web tool that can automate your editing! It polishes your audio, adds music, combines clips, adds transitions & offers super-easy editing & trim tools. Save hours & beat the tech stress!
Expert Podcasting Tips (Free Guide) — Created by podcast experts, this comprehensive guide covers everything you need to succeed in podcasting. Learn how to produce content, grow your audience, and make money with your podcast.
Podcast Insights compare embedded players for your podcast’s website.
- The Verge’s “Pod Hunters” column covers Drawn, a podcast about the story of animation. (From HowStuffWorks and Cartoon Network; hosted by Knit)
- Outward is a new LGBTQ podcast. (Slate, Megaphone)
- In comedy, Babyology launches 2 judgy mums: two judgemental mums discuss their lives and impressions of other families lives in a different location each week: this week, at the side of a swimming pool. (Babyology, Acast)
- Fired Up! is an “inspirational and funny” podcast with “high profile people from a variety of walks of life who have been fired or faced a downturn, and managed to turn things around to achieve greatness”. (Cascade Media, Libsyn)
- Ben Franklin’s World is a podcast about early American history; host Liz Covart became a personal supporter of Podnews at the end of last week. Be like Liz. (Libsyn)
Event: September 4, Melbourne VIC, Australia: “Experts advise how to disseminate high quality podcast content” at Podcasting Cities: A Users Guide as part of the Festival of Urbanism.
<< How many podcasts are no longer being updated?