How is Google Podcasts doing: and what could it do better?
September 5, 2018
How is Google Podcasts doing? And how could it do better? Editor of Podnews, James Cridland, writes an opinion piece with a few ideas for Mountain View; the story also includes data from Libsyn, ART19, Omny Studio and Whooshkaa.
Panoply have posted data on where, in the US, people listen to podcasts. Cities do better than rural areas; but there's one US state - besides DC - that is for podcast lovers.
Movie review website Rotten Tomatoes is adding podcasts as a new source of reviews, reports Entertainment Weekly.
Optimize Your Show with a Podcast Audit — Make sure your podcast sounds great and reaches your target audience with a Podcast Audit from The Podcast Consultant. Learn more at AuditMyPodcast.com. Use code "podnews" to save $50.
Executive Producer Voice and Audio — Communicorp UK are launching a new Voice and Audio division to provide new audio experiences and opportunities for their listeners and clients. You will play a key role in the emerging voice and audio business, focusing on content development, research and production. Want in? Find out more by clicking the link.
Get Early Access to Podchaser Creator Profiles — Hosts, Producers, Editors, and all podcast Creators, sign up for early access to your Podchaser Creator profile, and TeePublic will send you a free t-shirt and sticker branded with your podcast art!
AdResults Media is celebrating twenty years in the audio advertising industry; they blog lessons learnt. Congratulations.
The Washington Post has hired Madhulika Sikka (NPR News, Morning Edition) as Executive Producer of the paper's new daily podcast, which launches later this year.
Auphonic has added resumable file uploads to its audio polishing service, reducing one pain point for producers.
Melbourne paper The Age posts a piece about the world of podcasting and their forays into the medium. (Subscribers only, sadly)
What helped podcasts this summer in the UK? Television shows, say Audioboom.
Podcast platform Spreaker is to sponsor the Latin Podcast Awards.
Welcome to Nightvale used dynamic ad insertion to deliver three different endings to listeners, according to HotPod.
- Five lessons learnt from making my first podcast (Patrick Page)
- How to avoid 'podfade' (Rachel Corbett)
- How to fix Apple Podcasts if it stutters a lot - Apple Insider uncovers a bug that affects some listeners. The fix? Download something else. They like Overcast and Castro.
- ICMYI: Here are all the places our daily podcast is, with links to help you add your podcasts, too.
- Seven musical podcasts that you must have on your radar (Los 40, in Spanish)
- PodFest 2019, March 7-9 in Orlando FL, USA, boasts a brand new website.
- podcastfestival - "for makers and fans" - is potentially the first such event in the Netherlands. September 29, in Amsterdam.
- Dr Death features an investigation into a doctor who has injured multiple patients on the operating table. Wondery will support the series with "our most ambitious marketing campaign to date, including listening premieres, audio ads, social media and even outdoor in Dallas and NY". (Wondery / ART19)
- No Limits with Rebecca Jarvis has reached 100 episodes, featuring interviews with the most influential women including 32 female CEOs and 52 founders. It has celebrated with a new logo. (ABC News / WideOrbit)
- Plus 7 Intelligence returns for a new season. "The podcast about how games impact people, and how video games influence real life." (The Podglomerate and Ches Hall / Acast)
- Women Belong in the House is all about "the record number of women running for office this November". (Wonder Media Network / Anchor)
- The Italian Wine Podcast writes to say hello. They've recently interviewed "French diva" and Bond Girl Carole Bouquet, and added an interactive map of Italy to their website. (Soundcloud)
- ...include Producers, Audio Engineers, Writers and Podcast Hosts wanted in Palo Alto, California, USA.
- It's free to be listed - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to Benztown for your kind support of Podnews.
<< iHeartRadio embed tools, and Apple Podcast Chart manipulators