Free music packs for podcasts
· 2.8 minutes to read
Welcome to almost 300 new
subscribers followers over the past week, from companies like the ABC Australia, Europe 1, the Broadway Podcast Network, NPR, Spotify, Bayerischer Rundfunk and TWiT.
Next week, Podbean is to run a Finance Podcast Week: a week-long livestream and podcast event focused on finance podcasts (with many podcasters lined-up to speak). A full pass is normally $39, but use the code PODNEWS and you can get in free.
On the new Edison Research Infinite Dial results (which we published on Friday), Tom Webster says that the most striking thing about the new podcast consumption data is how normal it is after the year we’ve just had. Steven Goldstein discusses 'shelf space’, what he says is the challenge for any podcaster.
- Meanwhile, competitor Podcastpage now deals with multiple podcasts on the same website. It has also added automated tweets.
Another podcast has caused a problem with a court case. This time, Talkin’ to Myself host Jake Letizia decided to talk about an ongoing court case that he was a juror on. It led to an appeal - which was denied; Judge Koeltl said that Letizia exaggerated his comments, and in any case, he didn’t have very many listeners. Ouch.
Investment company Icaria Capital issues a positive opinion on investing in Libsyn.
PodcastOne is to use Laylo, a messaging service, to notify podcast listeners when a new episode has been released. It’ll also be used for events and merch.
PodMov en Español is a weekly podcast newsletter in the Spanish language.
- WordPress plugin PowerPress has added support for five new feed tags from the podcast namespace, including
- Art describes how he built a fully automated podcast clip studio from scratch, without using any code.
- More than 179 podcasts changed hosting company last week in our sample. The most popular new podcast host was Anchor, gaining three times as many podcasts as its closest competitor.
- 10.8% of recently-updated podcasts in our sample use the new podcast namespace.
- What marketing strategies work best for your podcast? Jeremy Helton, a podcast marketing consultant, replies to a Podcast Movement tweet with some gold advice.
- How long should a podcast be? - actual data, and some opinion.