The winners of the British Podcast Awards
· 2.8 minutes to read
The winners were announced for the British Podcast Awards 2021. We’ve a full list: Fearne Cotton (above) won the Podcast Champion award for her efforts to open up the mental health conversation, and the Podcast of the Year was awarded to VENT Documentaries.
Podsights has launched an audience intelligence tool, allowing you to know demographic information about your audience. They’ve also added additional tweaks including a campaign approval flow.
Stony Brook University’s Podcast Fellows course has unveiled new guest lecturers.
Omny Studio has shared a number of feature updates for July.
“I see a departure from archival-focused, post-production-heavy creations, to more live participation-based, live-production-focused, media.”, says Tanner Campbell, writing advice about the future of the medium.
“Research” from a loan company claims that British podcasters are making an average of £954 (US $1,325) a month from podcasting, says the Oxford Mail. Selling handmade candles is apparently the second most popular way to earn money on the side, earning £670 (US $930) a month. We’re not entirely sure this is true; Brits we’ve asked say it sounds dubious, or just plain bollocks.
9to5Mac reviews the Apple Podcasts app. Not sure they like it.
Tips and tricks
- How to Create and Host an In-Person Event for Your Podcast - Podcast Movement’s Jared Easley wrote this tip for Entrepreneur.
- The German company Podever write how to get your podcast onto YouTube, and why you might want to do that.
The Tech Stuff - with RSS․com
- The OPAWG list of rss-useragents now contains an
acceptsaaccolumn, to help podcast hosts automatically give supporting podcatchers a better-sounding, lower-bitrate version of a show. Podnews is using this to deliver AAC to some podcast apps.
- Podnews has implemented the Podchaser API on our podcast pages, bringing back ratings and creators.
- The Podcasting 2.0 team this week have been working on sending messages alongside tips, and cross-platform comments for podcast episodes. Their Mastodon instance is a good place to learn more.
- There should be a new Podcast Index website shortly, too.
- Satoshis Stream, a value4value tool, now allows you to use webhooks to display value payments in live podcast streams.