Audioburst Search, Podchaser and three podcasting events to go to
August 29, 2017 · 1.1 minutes to read
- Anchor tweaks their automated videos, which help share audio on social media platforms.
- Audioburst Search is announced, “a search engine for finding, discovering, listening to, and sharing the latest news over audio”.
- Podchaser moves to open beta. Designed as a podcast discovery tool, using the power of the crowd.
- The Sound Podcast App is a custom app for Ira Haberman’s The Sound Podcast, from Nobex Partners. Includes push messages, social feeds and more. (Disclosure: Nobex are a Patreon supporter).
- “Teaching radio broadcasters the new tricks of podcasting”. Good quote from John Rosso of Triton: “[Radio’s] first question is 'can you help me fill this inventory?' That’s great for remnant but you have to harness your sales team and figure out how to sell [podcasts].”
- The Guardian has a podcasting column, and is, apparently, quite good at driving traffic to podcasts.
- Event: Next Radio, London, UK; Sep 18. The “radio ideas conference”, but speakers from Audioboom, the Australian ABC, the BBC, Edison Research, and many more covering podcasting too.
- Event: Third Coast Conference, Chicago IL, USA; Nov 9-11. “Sessions and discussions cover the art and craft of audio storytelling, and all include plenty of listening.”
- Event: Mid-Atlantic Podcast Conference, Philadelphia NJ, USA; Sep 8-9. “The #1 Podcast Event for Creativity and Community”
<< Podcast Movement revisited; a new Aussie boss for Acast; Ear Hustle; Mechanical Turk