Anchor to open a free podcast studio in New York
This article is at least a year old
Podcast platform Anchor announces at Podcast Movement that they’re opening the Anchor Podcast Lab, a dedicated studio space at Anchor’s HQ in Manhattan NY, USA that will be open and completely free for anyone who wants to make a podcast.Anchor Podcast Movement
Wordpress have redesigned their in-built podcast settings on their hosted blog product.
Also at Podcast Movement, RadioINK talks to Beasley Broadcasting, a US radio broadcaster, about how they’re building podcasters, and why they’re all in on the medium; and also answers the question Why is NPR so successful at podcasting? reporting remarks from CEO Jarl Mohn; and What makes a great podcast.
This link is no longer available, as at Aug 4 2023Podcast Movement
- Podcast Movement
- Business Insider and Stitcher launches Household Name, a podcast that “explores amazing offbeat stories about some of the most popular brands today”.Stitcher
- Acast’s News Thing is a new show, which promises to take the week’s biggest news stories, “chew them up into a disgusting mushy ball and then spit them right up your ears.”
- The Brain Machine’s The Bosscast, “a podcast about Bruce Springsteen by the fans, for the fans”. (#PM18 attendees born in the USA could download this and listen on the streets of Philadelphia, ah, ha)
- Acast’s UN/RESOLVED is “a unique, two-sided crime podcast experience for fans of murder investigations like Serial - gripping audiobooks with deep, intertwining mysteries.” … ABC Australia’s Inspired features broadcaster Linda Marigliano who talks to a well-known artist about the stories behind your favourite songs.
- None Of Our Business is a new Audible Original, available now in Canada and coming July 31 in the US from Audible. Comedians Gwynne Phillips and Brian Templeton interview a celebrity guest and turn one of their stories into a comedic sketch. “The result? Audio pandemonium.”Audible
Podcast hosts Mara Marek and Andrew Collin (“Happy Never After”) are doing a cycling comedy tour across the US to raise funds for domestic violence.
A Forbes blogger writes about podcast advertising, included branded podcasts and notes that CPM for advertising is higher in the podcasting space than others. Meanwhile, Business highlights 11 reasons why you’re failing to monetise your podcast.
A Redditor shares his experience advertising his podcast in Overcast (in the comments).