The first ever South Side Podfest is ready to bring a variety of voices to Chicago’s South Side
PRESS RELEASE — October 18, 2019
Chicago IL, USA—Memoriam Development is proud to announce a brand new podcast festival on the South Side of Chicago! The South Side Podfest is four nights of podcasts of many varieties. The Podfest will welcome shows that range in topic from the supernatural, mental health, movies, audio drama, to comedy. Each night of the festival will present three great live podcast recordings, curated to give the audience a great podcast experience. All four nights will begin at 8pm at Lawlor’s on Archer (6854 W Archer Ave, Chicago, Illinois) and are completely free!
The lineup for each night is as follows.
- Ghostly- Believers and Skeptics: Listen to Ghostly debate Ghost Stories or other Super Natural Legends and you decide the truth.
- Bob After Dark- A paranormal show that covers: cryptidzoology, ghost stories, and other things that go bump in the night.
- Not Another Film Podcast- We take movies we used to love as kids and re-examine them in the harsh, sobering light of 2019
- Unfxxxingrelatable- A podcast of not necessarily related stories about not being able to relate.
- Adam Sandler Please Stop- Adam Sandler Please Stop is a complete retrospective of all Adam Sandler films past, present, and unfortunately future. It’s hosted by Sandler fans; Robert Bacon, Marie Maloney, and Caleb George who are disappointed and disillusioned with his current string of terrible films. Each week they watch an Adam Sandler or Adam Sandler adjacent movie together to discuss and rank the movies.
- Is My Crazy Showing- We are a mental health comedy show. We use humor as a coping skill while tackling a variety of subjects. Ya gotta laugh!
- The Broadcast Basement- Beer. Fatherhood. Fun. We are “30 Minutes Of Good” from Chicago’s South Side and the flagship program of a network that also has the highly downloaded White Sox Podcast “Sox In The Basement”, local show “The EP Podcast” and the very entertaining “Me and The Priest” show.
- The Happy Corner- Two comedians interviewing local artists with various silly segments. ie: Broke Hacks, where were your friends, what’d you do for that D or P
- Please Make This- Please Make This is a podcast where Hobert Thompson, Spencer Blair, Laura Petro, and a guest writer, come up with, and then write scenes from, a movie that Hollywood needs to make. Then, actors come in and do a table read of the scenes to bring the movies to life!
- Freak of the Week- A completely made up call in show about completely made up creatures and phenomena.
- CinemaSlayers- We review and discuss different movie and tv related topics.
- Oz 9- To offload a bunch of not-spaceworthy ships, Gated Galaxies has loaded up pods of sleeping rich people, crews of ex-cons who couldn’t fly a balsa-wood-and-rubber-band airplane, and shot them into space. The Oz 9 is one of these ships, and its hopeless, hapless, helpless crew careens from one disaster to the next near-miss, to more bad judgement.
Memoriam Development is a collective of creators in the Chicago suburbs gathered together in order to make great original content for stage, screen, and pod. Founded in 2016, Memoriam hit the ground running with its first project, Surial, a podcast parody of the hit podcast Serial. It was shortly followed thereafter by its first theatrical production, Oh My Gods, a play that questioned what the gods would be like if they were just like us.
This is a press release which we link to from our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions. Press releases can be sent to email@example.com
<< Spreaker is now using IAB Certified numbers; and podcast listeners love their advertisers