The Sonar Network celebrates its 5th anniversary with a 12-hour comedy marathon
THE SONAR NETWORK, Canada’s award-winning independent podcast network, rings in its third annual 12-hour livestream comedy marathon on Sunday, December 11th from 12pm to midnight ET.
The Sonar Network, first launched in 2017, celebrates its 5th Anniversary year with the return of this beloved, ambitious, and ridiculous tradition. The marathon will feature fan-favourite segments from some of Canada’s most acclaimed comedians, including Mark Little (CBC’s Mr. D), Chris Sandiford (Netflix’s God’s Favorite Idiot), Jay McCarrol (Nirvanna the Band the Show), Cathryn Naiker (CBC’s Run The Burbs), Hisham Kelati (Juno Award nominee for Comedy Album of the Year 2022), Kris Siddiqi (Bit Playas, Baroness Von Sketch Show), Jan Caruana (Mean Girls), Paul Bates (Second City; Best Male Improvisor - NOW Magazine), Alessandra Vite (The Beaverton, CBC Radio’s Because News), and Winnipeg/Toronto-based sketch comedy troupe HUNKS.
The event comes hot on the heels of The Sonar Network’s impressive 8-award win at the 2022 Canadian Podcast Awards: Belief it or Not - Outstanding Documentary Series; Bites and Bits - Outstanding Arts Series; On a Dark, Cold Night - Outstanding Fiction Series; The Pick Up: A WNBA Podcast - Outstanding Leisure Series and Outstanding Sports Series; You Made Me Queer! - Outstanding Personal Series and Outstanding Debut for a Series; Paul Bates - Best Host in a Series for The Dubious Book of Famous Deeds. These achievements bring the network’s tally to a whopping total of 34 Canadian Podcast Awards in the last five years.
This year’s 12-hour livestream marathon will feature such segments as:
- Correct Me If I’m Wrong - A game show where hilarious panellists must speak for a full minute on a given topic without hesitation or deviation and, most importantly, everything they say must be factually correct - as judged by host Paul Bates’ Google Home device.
- Would I Lie To You - A Canadian take on the classic British game show
- Mike’ll Do It - In which Sonar Network co-founder Michael Mongiardi takes on an outrageous dare pre-determined by his friends and family.
- Secret Supper - Comedians order mysterious meals for each other. This Is Rats Nest - Budding entrepreneurs pitch their products to a panel of incredibly wealthy, yacht-toting, diamond encrusted masters of finance and business.
- A live D&D game by Dwarven Moss
- And more shows to be announced!
ABOUT THE SONAR NETWORK
THE SONAR NETWORK is a podcast network showcasing a curated selection of original comedy & arts podcasts, featuring the funny and the fascinating. The network proudly features unique voices such as the award-winning On a Dark, Cold Night, Self Esteem Party, Belief it or Not, and Evil Men. The network’s mission is to provide a platform for outstanding independent creators and to help build and foster a community of podcasters and their fans. Listeners can enjoy thousands of hours of content on www.thesonarnetwork.com as well as every major podcasting platform. THE SONAR NETWORK also proudly features a database of over 1,500 guests including beloved comedians, artists, musicians, academics, and everything in between. If they’ve appeared on the network in any way, you can find them at www.thesonarnetwork.com/people/.
This is a press release which we link to from Podnews, our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions.