PodcastOne announces award-winning judging panel for competition to find the next big podcast star
PRESS RELEASE · Los Angeles CA, United States ·
September 22, 2021 - PodcastOne, a leading podcast platform and a subsidiary of LiveXLive Media (NASDAQ: LIVX), has set its award winning panel of judges to select the winner of Self Made Podcast Edition, an audio competition to find the next big podcast star for the network giant. The storied list of podcast notables and advertising and media industry executives will use criteria ranging from sound quality to host relatability to show promotion paired with download numbers, to determine the grand prize winner.
Selected for the panel are:
- Kailtyn Bristowe, creator and host of Off the Vine, one of the most successful and downloaded podcasts for women. Bristowe is also current Co-host of The Bachelorette and recently was crowned champion of Dancing with the Stars;
- Adam Carolla, host and Guiness World Record holder for the world’s most downloaded podcast, The Adam Carolla Show. Additionally, Carolla is the former host of the iconic radio and television series Loveline;
- Emmy Award-winner Doug Ellin who created the smash HBO series Entourage and host of two podcast series, Hollywood Wayz and the Victory Podcast which garnered more than 5 million downloads in its first 12 months;
- Internationally recognized broadcast journalist Jillian Hamilton who hosts the podcast Cheating: When Love Lies;
- Barbara Schroeder who will also serve as a mentor in addition to her judging duties. Schroeder who created the Netflix hit documentary Evil Genius and whose podcast Bad Bad Thing catapulted onto the top True Crime genre charts will provide expert insight with each of the finalists to help them hone their storytelling skills.
- Rounding out the group of esteemed panelists are revered and venerated podcast industry scions and advertising industry executives James Ingrassia, Head of Client Services, Oxford Road, the leading Los Angeles-based audio ad agency; DeSha Runnels, Vice President of Media, Ad Results, the world’s leading audio & podcast advertising agency; Sarah Cotenoff, Co-Founder and Head of Partnerships, Podsights, the leading attribution platform for podcast advertising; John Goforth, Chief Revenue Officer, Magellan AI, the leading developer of a data and analytics platform used to analyze podcasts and organize the data; Kit Gray, Co-Founder and President of PodcastOne; and member of the Radio Hall of Fame, Norm Pattiz, Founder of PodcastOne and WestwoodOne.
Self Made Podcast Edition is driven by fans as well as the panel of judges, all listening to see who will take the top prize: a podcasting contract with PodcastOne, and a total package worth over $100,000 including promotion across the network. The competition will culminate in episodes submitted by each of the five finalists via LaunchpadOne. With over 1200 independent podcasts, LaunchpadOne is PodcastOne’s free innovative podcast hosting, distribution, and monetization platform that provides an end-to-end podcast solution. A winner will then be crowned on September 30, 2021 - International Podcast Day.
Self Made Podcast Edition is the latest pop-culture competition franchise developed, produced and distributed by LiveXLive. A company with their finger always on the pulse, LiveXLive is developing a wide array of competitive franchises across multiple genres, ranging from racing, sports, music, and more. Each event will bring the best aspects of entertainment together - sports, social media influence, music, lifestyle, and technology, plus breakthrough integration through NFTs, merch, and VIP meet and greet experiences. LiveXLive recently announced it will be changing its name to LiveOne. As part of its rebrand, LiveXLive’s plans to rebrand its subsidiaries and businesses as the “ONE” brand - PodcastOne, SlackerOne, PPVOne, ReactOne, StudioOne and PersonalizedMerchOne.
This is a press release which we link to from our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions.