Ramsey Solutions offers hope as student loan crisis worsens
PRESS RELEASE — October 9, 2019
Nashville TN, USA—Ramsey Solutions, known for its hard stance against debt, launched a campaign on Sept. 30 focused on empowering and educating people in response to the national student loan crisis. The company is working to help families avoid the traps of student loans altogether and show them a better way to pay for college.
“Americans have been fed a lie — that it’s impossible to afford college without student loans,” said Dave Ramsey, host of The Dave Ramsey Show and CEO of Ramsey Solutions. “That lie has the average graduate burdened with over $35,000 in student loans from the moment they’re handed their diplomas. The system is broken, and we want people to know the truth — it is possible to pay cash for college!”
In an effort to shift the mindsets of Americans, the company has created tools and resources that will educate people on the truth about the student loan crisis and how to go to school debt-free. Those resources include:
- Borrowed Future: A new eight-episode podcast series that explores the student loan crisis and how to go to college debt-free. The podcast features real-life stories along with interviews from thought-leaders like Mark Cuban, Seth Godin and Dave Ramsey.
- Debt-Free Degree Town Hall: A one-night event streamed live on Sept. 30 at 6:30 p.m. CT featuring Dave Ramsey and Anthony ONeal. For links and reminders, text “TOWNHALL” to 33789.
- Debt-Free Degree Scholarship Giveaway (sponsored by SpeedyPrep): $10,000 in scholarships will be given to eligible ninth through 12th grade students. Giveaway begins at noon CT, Sept. 30 and ends Oct. 31. High school students can enter at Anthonyoneal.com/giveaway
- “Debt-Free Degree” Book: A new book launches Oct. 7 by Anthony ONeal and gives parents a practical plan to help their kids avoid massive debt while continuing their education.
- Additional resources include: a college cost calculator, scholarship search tool and college-visit checklist available at www.anthonyoneal.com.
“Parents and teens believe that student loans are the only option. But debt doesn’t open doors — it closes them,” said Anthony ONeal, author of “Debt Free-Degree: The Step-By-Step Guide to Getting Your Kid Through College Without Student Loans.” “I travel the country speaking to thousands of people each year, and I meet students all the time who are working hard, applying for scholarships and grants and are actually graduating debt-free. I believe more parents and students can do this, but they need a plan. We’re here to provide that plan.”
For more information on the tools and resources provided by Ramsey Solutions, visit AnthonyONeal.com.
About Ramsey Solutions
Ramsey Solutions is committed to helping people regain control of their money, build wealth, grow their leadership skills and enhance their lives through personal development. The company’s success is defined by the number of people whose lives are changed by a message of hope. Through a variety of mediums including live events, publishing, syndicated columns, nationally syndicated radio shows and digital products, Ramsey Solutions uses commonsense education to empower people to win at life and money. Voted among Nashville’s best places to work 11 times, Ramsey Solutions employs more than 850 team members focused and dedicated to doing work that matters. For more information, visit daveramsey.com.
About Anthony ONeal
Since 2003, Anthony has helped hundreds of thousands of students make smart decisions with their money, relationships, and education. He’s a national best-selling author and travels the country as a Ramsey personality spreading his encouraging message to help teens and young adults start their lives off right. His latest book, “Debt-Free Degree,” launches October 2019. You can follow Anthony on YouTube and Instagram @AnthonyONeal and online at anthonyoneal.com or facebook.com/aoneal.
This is a press release which we link to from our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions. Press releases can be sent to email@example.com
<< Apple Podcasts demonstrate 'Browse By Hosts And Guests'; changes at Libsyn