RADIO.COM once again fastest growing digital audio platform in the US in May according to ComScore
PRESS RELEASE —
Philadelphia PA, USA—Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content, announced that RADIO.COM grew its U.S. monthly unique users by 6 million versus May 2019, according to comScore, more than any other digital audio platform measured by the service. Once again the fastest growing digital audio platform in the United States in May, delivering a 45% year-over-year (YOY) increase1, RADIO.COM, is a leading digital audio and content platform that is the exclusive digital home for all Entercom content across its leading portfolio of over 230 stations, along with hundreds of affiliate stations, thousands of top podcasts, live and on-demand video, and premium content across local and national news, entertainment, music and sports in markets all across the U.S., and delivered category leading growth in May.
RADIO.COM’s total monthly active users across (MAU) all platforms is now over 40 million, with strong MAU growth also contributing to the platform’s expanding first-party data set and rapidly growing addressable audio impressions across both streaming and podcast.
Other notable highlights include:
- RADIO.COM held the record in engaging listeners by showing 10 straight months of double-digit increases in total listening hours (TLH)2– the only Triton-measured publisher to do so
- RADIO.COM also experienced month-to-month growth in May, one of only two digital audio platforms to deliver month-to-month growth during this period3
- Smart speaker tune-in increased, up 89% YOY4
- Individual formats also showed YOY growth, with news TLH surging +50% and music increasing 11%
- Despite a lack of live sports, the voice of the fan remained dominant, driving double-digit TLH growth across our leading sports talk brands, including Kansas City (+86%), San Diego (+42%) and Boston (+25%), among others.5
1 comScore Media Metrix Multiplatform, U.S. Unique Users, May 2019 vs. May 2020
2 Triton Webcast Metrics, May 2019 vs. May 2020
3 comScore Media Metrix Multiplatform, U.S. Unique Users, April 2020 vs. May 2020
4 Triton Digital, May 2019 vs May 2020
5 Triton, Monthly TLH May 2020, May 2019, All Dayparts
This is a press release which we link to from our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions. Press releases can be sent to email@example.com