Line-Up Announced For Second Outing of Podcast Live: Politics
PRESS RELEASE — August 5, 2019
London, UK—Podcast Live: Politics, the event that brings together the country’s best political podcasts, is back this autumn, as the UK is once again gripped by Brexit fever in the run up to Boris Johnson’s “do or die” October 31st deadline.
Following a hugely successful launch event in April, Podcast Live: Politics will be returning to The Light in central London on Saturday 5th October . Podcast Live: Politics has assembled a stellar line up from across the political spectrum featuring Talking Politics, Iain Dale and Jacqui Smith, The Telegraph’s Christopher “Chopper” Hope, The Week, The New European and James Delingpole.
Given the critical nature of the Brexit events taking place in October, and the looming deadline set by the EU, the political debates that will be happening at Podcast Live: Politics could not be taking place at a more interesting moment.
The first announced podcasts are:
• For The Many - Iain Dale & Jacqui Smith: LBC presenter Iain Dale and former Labour Home Secretary Jacqui Smith untangle the world of politics and media. Expect plenty of jokey banter and informed speculation.
• Talking Politics: Corbyn! Trump! Brexit! Politics has never been more unpredictable, more alarming or more interesting. TALKING POLITICS is the podcast that tries to make sense of it all, with David Runciman talking to Helen Thompson and Chris Brooke.
• Chopper’s Brexit Podcast: The inside line on Brexit. Interviews with top politicians and commentators, and analysis from the Telegraph’s Westminster team - all done with a light touch. Presented by Christopher “Chopper” Hope.
• Never Mind The Bar Charts: Stephen Tall and Mark Pack talk about the Liberal Democrats, British politics and a few stray digressions. Occasionally features Brexit.
• UK in a Changing Europe: An award winning independent and impartial academic think tank on Brexit – Professor Anand Menon and Professor Catherine Barnard will be in conversation with guests and podcaster James Millar
• The Week unwrapped: Join Olly Mann and The Week’s editorial team as they delve into the most important stories from the past seven days – but not necessarily the ones that have been grabbing all the headlines, like hypersonic planes, tuskless elephants, human composting and sausage parties.
• Delingpod: James Delingpole interviews the world’s most fascinating people.
• The New European: An award-winning Pro-Remain, anti-Brexit publication that gives voice to the values
of the 48%, with hosts Steve Anglesey, Richard Porritt and Geri Scott.
• Polling Politics: Joe Twyman and Marie Le Conte tackle the week’s big political news with the help of spreadsheets full of polling data and binders full of fun!
More podcasts are set to be added over the coming weeks, and special guests for a number of the shows will also be announced over the summer.
Podcast Live Politics is taking place at Friends House / The Light on the Euston Road in Central London on Saturday October 5th from 10am-5pm.
Individual show tickets are priced at £13.50 (+ booking fee), and all-day entry from £32.50 (+ booking fee). Tickets for the event can be purchased by visiting podcastlive.com
This is a press release which we link to from our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions. Press releases can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
|LBC Election 2019|
<< The new Apple Podcasts categories go live