PodcastOne announces unprecedented growth in 2022
- Network Audience Grew 19% to 7.303 Million Downloads
- Shows Achieved Double- and Triple-Digit Growth
- PodcastOne’s YouTube Channel Saw 128% Increase in Subscribers
- Instagram Engagement Up 107%
- PodcastOne Recently Closed $8.1 Million Financing at a Post-Money Valuation of $68 Million
- PodcastOne Spin-Out and Dividend of a Portion of Its Common Equity to 15k+ LiveOne Shareholders Is Expected to Be Completed by the End of Fiscal Year 2023
PodcastOne](https://podcastone.com), a leading podcast platform and a subsidiary of LiveOne (NASDAQ: LVO), announced today that the network has experienced unprecedented growth in 2022 across total episode downloads, YouTube subscribers, and social media engagement.
PodcastOne continues to see considerable growth in several key areas of podcast consumption and interaction through the strength of targeted and paired marketing campaigns, episodic launch strategies, and its video strategy.
- PodcastOne’s dedicated YouTube channel has seen a 45% increase in views and is up 106% in subscribers in Q3 ’22 compared to Q2 ’22 with total growth at 128% since the start of the calendar year.
- On social media, Instagram engagement is up 13.7% over the last 90 days vs the previous 90 days and PodcastOne’s dedicated TikTok account has amassed over 1.5 million views since its inception in July 2021 giving network hosts and podcast advertisers a direct path to promote content to a dedicated fanbase.
“We’ve built a full-funnel marketing operation at PodcastOne that allows us to leverage our current podcasts to grow and launch new shows in both the audio and video spaces. Data coupled with our custom creative strategies and off-network relationships have grown our network audience exponentially and consistently lands our shows in the top 100 chart rankings,” said Ilana Susnow, Head of Marketing & Audience Development of PodcastOne.
With the success of focused marketing and creative and integrated strategies, podcasts in key categories such as True Crime, History, TV & Film, Self-Improvement and Society & Culture have seen double- and triple-digit growth in audience downloads. Successes include:
- Trust Me, which has grown a remarkable 85% in audience since the beginning of the year
- Cold Case Files has expanded to two weekly episodes due to the overwhelming demand for content. Each week, fans are now treated to an original episode as well as a classic episode replay.
- The Dr. Gundry Podcast has shown a 30% uptick in listeners since the beginning of 2022.
- American Nightmare Season 2 has relaunched as part of the strategy to launch Season 3 with double digit downloads.
- The Prosecutors recently debuted a spin off show, The Prosecutors: Legal Brief, in the wake of the success of its 14% episodic audience growth since onboarding with PodcastOne in January 2022.
“We were getting a few thousand downloads an episode when we first signed with PodcastOne, and our audience has grown significantly and continues to grow since. Cross-promoting our show with other related shows has been critical for that growth, as well as generally having a team that cares about reaching the right audience and making sure our content is valuable for listeners,” said Lola Blanc, creator and host of Trust Me.
Additional strategic marketing successes include:
- Our Fake History has experienced a 25% increase in audience size since January 2022.
- The Jordan Harbinger Show has had a 25% increase in episodic downloads numbers.
- Melissa Gorga On Display and Kail Lowry’s Coffee Convos have each grown over 125% in August alone with On Display climbing to #19 on the All Categories chart on Apple.
- Namaste B$tches from Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice and co-host Melissa Pfeister debuted in the Top 100 on Apple’s top podcast chart.
“Since joining PodcastOne I’ve seen impactful growth in all of my shows with the network. Their targeted, data-based marketing and creative promotion plans give me ease of mind so I can focus on what I do best, creating compelling content. The expertise of the teams at PodcastOne is unmatched, from production to marketing and everyone in between. I couldn’t pick a better network to partner with!,” said Kail Lowry, creator and host of Coffee Convos.
“PodcastOne has always prioritized our relationships with our talent. The strength of our bonds allow us to create specialized and finely curated marketing and advertiser based strategies that lift our host’s podcasts above the noise of a crowded marketplace. With a best in class sales team and marketing team we see our talent as true partners and work tirelessly to grow their audiences exponentially. When their shows grow, we grow as a network, truly making us one team,” said PodcastOne’s President, Kit Gray.
Since early 2022, PodcastOne has consistently charted in the top ten of all reporting podcast networks, and Podtrac reports that the network grew from 6.148M unique US downloads in July 2022 to 7.303M downloads in August 2022 for an increase of nearly 19% in overall audience.
PodcastOne’s full roster of programming is available on PodcastOne, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music and wherever podcasts are heard. As part of the growing slate of podcasts available in Tesla cars via LiveOne’s streaming platform, Uncut with Jay Cutler, Baby Mamas No Drama, Coffee Convos, Nappy Boy Radio with T-Pain and Southern Tea have been added to the driver experience.
This is a press release which we link to from Podnews, our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions.