Locked On Launches First Daily HBCU Podcast Initiative
PRESS RELEASE · Tysons VA, USA ·
TEGNA Inc.’s Locked On, the leading local sports podcast network with daily shows for all “Big 4” professional sports leagues and major college programs is debuting Locked On HBCU, a podcast fully dedicated to HBCU sports and athletes on Monday, Aug. 2.
Locked On HBCU is dedicated to HBCU athletes, football and basketball and features correspondents across the HBCU landscape, including TEGNA on-air and sports talent. They will join host Reggie Flood of “The Big Tyme Sports Network” on New Orleans’ WBOK 1230 AM to cover each sport and team throughout The 107 – whether MEAC, SWAC, SIAC, CIAA, GCAC, or otherwise. Regardless of division or conference, Locked On HBCU will provide in-depth knowledge of each athletic program.
“We believe elevating Black collegiate sports and the voices that cover them is long overdue,” said Ross Jackson, Locked On’s college podcast channel coordinator and partnership manager. “On the field, hardwood, diamond, and in the bandstands, HBCU sports and culture is unparalleled, yet unsung.”
While Flood will headline Locked On HBCU, the podcast will feature on-air talent with an HBCU background and/or who are passionate about HBCU sports, including:
- Mo Carter, sports director for WDZK (TEGNA’s Fox station in Huntsville, Ala.)
- Lesli Foster, news anchor at WUSA (TEGNA’s CBS station in Washington, D.C.)
- Ashley Holder, sports reporter at WGRZ (TEGNA’s NBC station in Buffalo, N.Y.)
- Jeff Jones, sports director at KVUE (TEGNA’s ABC station in Austin, Texas)
- Cory Mose, sports reporter at KWES (TEGNA’s NBC station in Midland-Odessa, Texas)
- Arnold Payne, senior sports photojournalist at WFAA (TEGNA’s ABC station in Dallas, Texas)
- David Schiele, sports reporter at WBIR (TEGNA’s NBC station in Knoxville, Tenn.)
- Allison Seymour, news anchor at WUSA (TEGNA’s CBS station in Washington, D.C.)
- Reese Waters, on-air talent at “WUSA9 at 7 p.m.” (TEGNA’s CBS station in Washington, D.C.)
Locked On HBCU will be available across TEGNA markets and on the Audacy app, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Facebook Podcasts, Stitcher and other podcast platforms.
By: Locked On Podcast Network, SWAC, MEAC, SIAC, CIAA, GCAC, Alabama A&M, Tennessee State University, Jackson State University
This is a press release which we link to from our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions.
Affiliate links: This page links to Apple Podcasts. We may receive a commission for purchases made using them. Affiliate links are added automatically.