Greg McKeown teams with Wheelhouse Entertainment to launch new podcast based on his lauded book 'Essentialism'
PRESS RELEASE —
Los Angeles CA, USA—Author, renowned public speaker and business and leadership strategist Greg McKeown is expanding on his New York Times and Wall Street Journal Bestseller, “Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less” (over one million copies sold), with the new weekly podcast Essentialism launching its first four episodes today, with new installments available every Monday. The podcast is produced by Wheelhouse Entertainment.
McKeown regularly teaches the “essentialist” principles outlined in his celebrated book to leaders at companies such as Apple, Google and Facebook; now, at a time when prioritizing has never been more vital, he’s bringing his much-sought insights and perspective to listeners everywhere via intimate, highly substantive conversations with industry leaders and celebrities, as well as everyday people, exploring what is essential and how to eliminate what’s not (with actionable advice).
The first four episodes of “Essentialism” – featuring Greg’s wife Anna McKeown, Arianna Huffington, Drew and Linda Scott and Rev. Dr. Helen Easterling Williams – are available now on all platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.
Essentialism (The Concept):
- Essentialism is, essentially, “less, but better”
- It’s NOT about how to get more done – it’s about how to get the right things done
- It’s NOT one more thing – it’s a new way of doing everything
- Essentialists live by design, not by default
“Essentialism” (The Podcast):
- Hosted by Greg McKeown
- Produced by Wheelhouse Entertainment
- Ongoing weekly series – new episodes every Monday
- Explores the various facets of “essentialism,” discussing how to eliminate the unnecessary, trivial and unproductive elements of life
- Each episode presents a new conversation with a special guest
- Episodes available at launch feature:
- Anna McKeown – Co-Founder Essentialism.com, Wife, Mother, Homeschool Headmaster
- Drew & Linda Scott – HGTV Host, Real Estate Expert, Philanthropist
- Arianna Huffington – Author, Businesswoman, HuffPost Co-Founder
- Rev. Dr. Helen Easterling Williams – Dean of Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology (GSEP)
- Upcoming guests include:
- Tim Ferriss – Entrepreneur, Author, Host of The Tim Ferriss Show
- David Allen – Author, Creator of Getting Things Done time management method
- Cal Newport – Author, Associate Prof. of Computer Science (Georgetown)
- Ryan Holiday – Marketer, Author
About Greg McKeown
Greg McKeown is the author of the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller “Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less” and regularly speaks at companies including Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce.com and Twitter. He is co-creator of the popular course “Designing Life, Essentially” at Stanford University and serves as a Young Global Leader for the World Economic Forum. You can follow Greg on Twitter and Instagram @GregoryMcKeown and connect on LinkedIn.
About Wheelhouse Entertainment
Wheelhouse Entertainment, part of The Wheelhouse Group, is a multi-faceted media and entertainment company founded in 2018 by producer and entrepreneur Brent Montgomery. With offices in New York, Connecticut and Los Angeles, Wheelhouse creates content and marketing opportunities across multiple businesses and platforms, forging talent-driven partnerships and “360” businesses in which the company invests and helps manage. Among Wheelhouse’s high-level ventures are Kimmelot, Jimmy Kimmel’s production and medial label (ABC’s Emmy-winning Live in Front of a Studio Audience: Norman Lear’s All in the Family and The Jeffersons; Comedy Central’s Crank Yankers); premium film/TV company Campfire (HBO Max’s Heaven’s Gate, Netflix’s The Innocent Man); live entertainment and production giant Den of Thieves (MTV Video Music Awards); award-winning, digital content studio Portal A (YouTube Rewind); as well as Wheelhouse’s own production label Spoke Studios (Compton Cowboys). Montgomery serves as CEO of Wheelhouse Entertainment, part of his Wheelhouse Group of companies.
This is a press release which we link to from our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions. Press releases can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Essentialism with Greg McKeown|
By Greg McKeown, Wheelhouse Entertainment