Singer-songwriter, Joss Stone, announces debut podcast 'A Cuppa Happy’
PRESS RELEASE —
“Happiness is elusive, fleeting and often unappreciated until it’s gone. But what exactly is it, and how does one remain in a state of being happy?” - Joss Stone, host of A Cuppa Happy podcast
London, UK—Having entered the industry at the age of 15, Joss Stone has become one of the best selling British artists of her time, and is the recipient of numerous awards including two Brit Awards and one Grammy. For the last few years Stone has been travelling the world with her music in every country in the world. This included gigs in war torn countries like Syria, and visits to many places where abject poverty was widespread. Joss found herself in awe at the happiness she discovered in the most unlikely places, and she is now set to launch a brand new podcast that investigates the subject of happiness.
A Cuppa Happy podcast launced on Monday 10th August 2020 , kicking off with Derren Brown - illusionist, mentalist, and author of ‘Happy’ as the first guest, who discusses the stoic model and how avoiding anxiety is counter-productive: “ There are things in your life that you’re in control of, and there are things in your life that you’re not in control of. If you try to control things you are not in control of, you’re going to make yourself anxious and frustrated .”
Each week, Joss will speak to thought leaders and cultural figures, with the first season line-up including:
- Derren Brown - Illusionist, mentalist, author of ‘Happy’.
- Bill Bailey - English comedian, musician and actor. Bailey is known for his appearances on Never ‘Mind the Buzzcocks’,’ Have I Got News for You’ and ‘QI’.
- Laura Berman - American relationship therapist and TV host.
- Wim Hof - Dutch extreme athlete known as “The Iceman”.
- Nitin Sawhney - British musician, producer and composer.
- Dacher Keltner - Professor of Psychology at UC Berkeley, host of ‘The Science of Happiness’ Podcast.
- Deliciously Ella - British food writer and influencer
- Boy George - pop icon
- Meik Wiking - One of the most influential happiness researchers, author of the New York Times best-sellers: ‘The Little Book of Hygge’ and ‘The Little Book of Lykke’.
- Tara Setmayer - CNN Political Commentator, Contributor to ABC News and former GOP Communications Director on Capitol Hill.
- Katie Harvey - Accumulated over 14,000 hours of life coaching, making her one of the most experienced life coaches on the planet.
A Cuppa Happy podcast launched 10th August 2020 and is available on Apple, Spotify and all major podcast platforms.
About Joss Stone
Joss Stone, a singer-songwriter from Devon, UK has been captivated by soul music since she was a little girl. As she moved through her early teens she intuitively honed her now trademark gravely-but-lustrous vocals by singing along to Aretha’s Franklin’s Greatest Hits. She began pursuing a singing career at thirteen, securing a record deal at 15, and recording her star-making Critically acclaimed debut album, The Soul Sessions, which was released in 2003. EMI/S-Curve Records.
At just 33 years old Joss has already enjoyed a long career. She has kept the company of musical royalty from the outset, performing alongside many legendary artists such as James Brown, Herbie Hancock, Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight, Sting, Van Morrison and Melissa Etheridge amongst many others. She has collaborated with and contributed to albums for many of the world’s finest musicians, including Jeff Beck, Mick Jagger and Damien Marley.
Joss Stone recently completed her most audacious project to date - The Total World Tour - in which she performed in over 200 countries spreading music, love and charitable outreach along the way.
About Fascinate Productions
Fascinate Productions is a podcast production and marketing agency based in London. Making the most of the podcast boom in 2020, Fascinate are in a period of rapid growth.
Sam Brown comes from a background working in live TV production, and currently hosts Fascinate Pod. Richard Willan is a creative with a BA in Sound Art. Having worked in one of the biggest mastering studios over many years, what he doesn’t know about improving audio quality isn’t worth knowing.
This is a press release which we link to from our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions. Press releases can be sent to email@example.com
|A Cuppa Happy|
By Joss Stone & Fascinate Productions