Scott Aukerman to launch ‘Comedy Bang! Bang! World’, a slate of premium podcast programming
PRESS RELEASE · Los Angeles CA, United States ·
Scott Aukerman and Acast are partnering to launch Comedy Bang! Bang! World, a slate of premium podcast programming that will be made available to comedy fans everywhere — across nearly all podcast players and apps.
Beginning October 1, subscribers will be able to sign up at ComedyBangBangWorld.com to get exclusive access to new comedy series, ad-free listening, full back-catalogue episodes of the hugely popular Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast and other shows, and more.
The programming will be powered by Acast, which will enable fans to listen to the subscriber-only content across Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon, Overcast, Pocket Casts, and many more platforms.
“I’m excited to finally dip my toe into making podcasts, which were invented about three years ago, as far as the public knows,” said Aukerman, who also co-founded Earwolf — the network that will continue to distribute recent, ad-supported episodes of the Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast free for listeners.
Comedy Bang! Bang! World is co-founded by Brett Morris, who will be executive producing the programming along with Aukerman. Morris previously led production at Earwolf.
Subscribers can choose from two different pricing tiers with various benefits: the Legacy tier at $4 per month, or Maximus at $7 per month. And they’ll get exclusive access to the following programming and benefits, depending on the subscription tier:
- Ad-free new episodes of Comedy Bang! Bang!
- Scott Hasn’t Seen, a brand new weekly series that will feature Aukerman and Shaun Diston
- CBB Presents!, new content from friends of the Comedy Bang! Bang! team, including spin-offs, limited series, and more
- New episodes of Bonanas for Bonanza, featuring Andy Daly, Matt Gourley, and Maria Bamford
- Fan-favorite limited series, including The Seth Morris Radio Project and Mike Detective, featuring Rob Huebel
- The full back-catalogue to the following series: Comedy Bang! Bang!; Comedy Bang! Bang!: The LIVE Shows; Affirmation Nation with Bob Ducca, featuring Seth Morris; and We Have To Stop Talking TMNT on CBB, where Aukerman, Shaun Diston, and friends discuss the entire Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles filmography.
- Season 1 of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project, hosted by Andy Daly and Matt Gourley, with Season 2 to follow soon
- Entry to the CBB World’s Discord channel, an exclusive community for Maximus subscribers
- And additional series and benefits to come.
“At Acast, we’re driven to help all creators find their audience, and deepen their relationship with listeners and fans — and that means making their content available widely, as part of the open podcasting ecosystem,” said Rebecca Steinberg, Director of Development at Acast. “This partnership gives us the opportunity to bring Comedy Bang! Bang!’s incredible podcasts to more people than ever before.”
Acast champions the open ecosystem, which allows listeners to easily access content across whichever podcast platform they choose. Rather than a closed model where content is exclusive to a specific platform, the open ecosystem prioritizes accessibility for listeners and gives creators the largest opportunity to find an audience.
Comedy Bang! Bang! World will continue to expand with new series, benefits and content, featuring established and up-and-coming comedic talent.
This is a press release which we link to from our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions.