Podcast Radio announces sessions, sponsors and US expansion plans at New York event next month
Podcast Radio will be setting out its plans to expand to the US and its vision for the future at its Podcast Futures event at NAB Show New York on 19th October.
The initial sessions and sponsors have now been announced including the latest study into podcast ads from NuVoodoo, the value of dynamic ad insertion from Targetspot, the connected car from Xperi and the growth and power of independent podcast networks from Evergreen Podcasts.
In a keynote address, veteran radio guru Fred Jacobs from Jacobs Media will explore the intersection between podcasting and radio, hours before receiving the NAB’s National Radio Award with his brother, Paul, at the Marconi dinner.
Gerry Edwards, CEO of Podcast Radio, says: “We’ll have fresh insights into podcast consumption, monetisation, trends and technology as well as sharing details of how Podcast Radio will be growing in the US and our bold, ambitious new idea to present content in the future. It’ll be an exciting day full of unmissable content.”
Podcast Radio launched in the UK two years ago and has grown in listenership with the increasing use of digital devices and smart speakers. The 24/7 station showcases sample episodes of podcasts as well as interviewing podcasters to help people choose and discover podcasts. It recently launched an additional channel, Podcast Radio Business.
The event runs from 10am to 5pm in parallel with the first day of NAB Radio Show New York at the Javits Center on Eleventh Avenue between 34th and 38th St in Manhattan. Registration is now open with tickets costing $55 for the whole day. More sessions and sponsors will be announced nearer the time.
Confirmed sessions so far include:
- Targetspot – Illuminating the Value of Dynamic Ad Insertion as ways to increase brand spending in podcasts. Also a discussion about podcast creativity and what format ideas drive engagement.
- NuVoodoo – Fresh insights on habits and preferences for ads in podcasts with NuVoodoo’s Carolyn Gilbert and Leigh Jacobs outlining a fresh study of 1,700 listeners.
- Evergreen Podcasts – The Power of Independent Podcast Networks, a panel discussion moderated by Evergreen’s Chief Creative Officer David Allen Moss and SVP of Content Gerardo Orlando.
- Xperi – The Opportunities, Threats, Challenges and Expectations in the World of Connected Cars.
- Jacobs Media (keynote) – The Intersection of Podcasting and Broadcasting, exploring the synergies and frictions as well as opportunities for future collaboration.
Chris Brown, NAB EVP and managing director, Global Connections and Events, says: “Podcast Radio offers an insight into the latest trends reshaping audio entertainment and the cutting-edge programming that captures audiences’ attention. We look forward to exploring this evolving form of storytelling with Podcast Radio at NAB Show New York”.
Podcast Radio raised investment earlier this year with UK radio company Nation Broadcasting as a strategic investor.
Registration for Podcast Radio’s Podcast Futures event is now open.
This is a press release which we link to from Podnews, our daily newsletter about podcasting and on-demand. This is reprinted verbatim; we may rewrite headlines and descriptions.