Ad sales and monetisation
Owned by: Audacy
- Aug 2: Podtrac is measuring more podcasts than ever: Livewire reports its tracking code was in 8.6% of all episodes released in July. Meanwhile, the use of trackers from Audacy's Podcorn has almost halved in just two months.
- May 18: Audacy, which owns Cadence13, Pineapple Street Studios, Podcorn and Moonbeam, is to be delisted from the stock market for having an "abnormally low" share price. The company plans to appeal. $200 invested in Audacy this time last year would be worth just over $10 today.
- Jan 2: Podtrac remains the most popular third-party analytics service; Audacy's Podcorn has slipped to fourth place.
- Nov 10, 2022: Agnes Kozera has left Podcorn, the company she co-founded, according to her LinkedIn. The company was acquired by Entercom, now Audacy, in Mar 2021.
- Nov 10, 2021: Audacy reported their financial results for Q3/21. The company, which owns Cadence13, Pineapple Street Studios and Podcorn, said in an investor call that it made around $16m in revenue from podcasting - 4.8% of the total company's income.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter