Meta Platforms, Inc., doing business as Meta, and formerly named Facebook, Inc., and TheFacebook, Inc., is an American multinational technology conglomerate based in Menlo Park, California. The company owns and operates Facebook, Instagram, Threads, and WhatsApp, among other products and services. Meta is one of the world's most valuable companies and among the ten largest publicly traded corporations in the United States. It is considered one of the Big Five American information technology companies, alongside Google's parent company Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, and Microsoft. Wikipedia
- Jul 6: Threads, a new social media network from Facebook owner Meta, went live today in most countries, apart from Europe (for privacy reasons). You need an Instagram account to use it - so if you already have one, your username is safe. We've no idea what we'll do with our account.
- Jun 19: Facebook's owner Meta has announced an artificial speech generator, which can clone voices, edit and remove background noise.
- Apr 10: There's a crisis in the veterinary industry in Australia - a crisis that is killing the people who care for our animals. Sick As A Dog examines the mental health crisis in the vet profession. It shines a spotlight on the many challenges, but also explores the potential solutions that exist. The podcast was part funded through the Meta and the Walkley Foundation’s public interest journalism fund.
- Feb 21: Simon Cross is to join Soundwide, the owner of plugin company iZotope among others, as Chief Product Officer. He joins from Meta and the BBC.
- Jan 31: Malvina Goldfeld has joined Podimo as Chief Product Officer - she's ex Meta and PayPal; Johann Querné has been announced as VP of Growth, a position he's held for three months according to his LinkedIn. He's a former Twitter, Uber and Alibaba exec.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter, Wikipedia