Address: 116 E 27th St 6th floor, New York, NY 10016, USA
Interactive Advertising Bureau
- Aug 31: In Australia, the IAB reports that online advertising was still growing in Q2/23, but that growth has slowed. Podcast advertising grew 24% last quarter, and was AUD $91.2m (US $59mn) in FY23 (July-June).
- Aug 22: Advertising agencies and brand marketers are more interested in podcast advertising than ever, according to new data highlighted by Westwood One. Spending intention has grown 6x since 2015. Nearly 60% of agencies and advertisers currently advertise in podcasts, a nearly 4x increase since the first IAB podcast upfront in 2015.
- Jul 18: The number of job vacancies in digital advertising has "plunged", according to new research from IAB Australia.
- May 25: In Australia, the IAB report that podcast ad revenue saw 20.7% annual growth. This is against a total online ad revenue decline of 0.8%.
- May 12: The US podcast ad market is now worth $1.8bn, according to new data from the IAB and PWC. Revenue grew 26% last year, twice as fast as total internet ad revenue: however, the company saw a significant slow-down in Q4/22. News has also dropped from its place as the top genre for ad revenue: the sports category is now #1, with a 15% share. The IAB predicts the market will be $3.9bn by 2025.
See all news stories
Data credits: Google Maps, Podnews newsletter