Address: 7162 Beverly Blvd #212, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USA
Crooked Media is a progressive American political media company. It was founded in 2017 by Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, and Tommy Vietor, all former top Barack Obama staffers and former co-hosts of the Keepin' It 1600 podcast. Dan Pfeiffer, also a former Obama employee, co-hosts their flagship podcast Pod Save America with them. Wikipedia
- May 11: Audacy published its Q1/23 financials. Excluding the loss of Crooked Media (which switched to SiriusXM in May), podcast revenues would have been up 14%; but they fell in real terms (the company didn't say by how much). However, locally-produced podcasts are the most profitable part of the business, the company said.
- May 4: The team that brought us Pod Save America launches Pod Save the UK today, hosted by comedian Nish Kumar and journalist Coco Khan. Produced by Crooked Media and Reduced Listening, it's one of the biggest UK podcast launches to date.
- Mar 23: The team behind Hot Take, a climate podcast cancelled by Crooked Media in December (and deleted by the company from Apple Podcasts), have written a critical post about Crooked's handling of the show.
- Mar 17: Audacy released financial results. Podcasting revenue was down 8% y/y. Excluding the loss of Crooked Media (which switched to SiriusXM in May), revenues would have been up 14%. The company claims 9% increase in Q4 downloads.
- Feb 7: Podcast content creators at Crooked Media have unionised with the WGA East.
See all news stories
Data credits: Google Maps, Podnews newsletter, Wikipedia