· Updated June 19, 2020 · By
We use a bot to:
- Fetch RSS feeds, for our podcast pages and our players
- Fetch a podcast HTML homepage, for our podcast pages
- Fetch a sample audio file for technical analysis
- Call APIs or JSON feeds on public websites
We are hosted on an Amazon EC2 instance, in a Dublin facility. Our IP address isn’t guaranteed to remain static.
Our useragent is:
Mozilla/5.0 +https://podnews.net/bot PodnewsBot/1.0
We have a standard timeout of 5 seconds for connection, 10 seconds overall. We assume your service will respond in that time.
We cache quite heavily, with the aim of not making a unique data call any more often than once in seven days.
Please do get in touch if you have any concerns about your service and our bot.