Paddling The Blue Podcast
Sharing stories from people doing great things related to paddling
This podcast may use tracking and attribution, dynamic content insertion and uses a unique domain
Stats: Statistics are produced by Podbean and Chartable to help Paddling The Blue Podcast to understand how many downloads it is getting, or how many people are listening. Your device’s IP address and user agent is used to help calculate this figure. Podbean and Chartable are IAB v2 certified.
Tracking and attribution: Chartable or its partners may connect the fact you listened to this podcast to an action elsewhere on the internet. For example - it may spot a device that downloaded an episode of Paddling The Blue Podcast later visited the website of an advertiser; or it may track that a device that listened to Paddling The Blue Podcast also listened to a different show. This form of attribution is used to measure advertising effectiveness.
Dynamic content insertion: Podbean may use limited data that they know about you - the device you’re using, the approximate location you’re in, or other data that can be derived from this, like the current weather forecast for your area - to change parts of the audio. Paddling The Blue Podcast may do this for advertising or for other forms of content, like news stories.
Paddling The Blue Podcast is able to use the above tools since its podcast host or measurement company offers this service. It doesn’t mean that this individual podcast uses them, or has access to this functionality. We use open data.
This podcast uses a unique RSS domain. This podcast is the only one that we’re aware of which uses a domain of www.paddlingtheblue.com for its RSS feed. Domains are always visible to anyone who can see your internet traffic - your internet service provider, employer or even your government - even when you use HTTPS connections. If your podcast app uses the RSS feed directly, you can be tracked as a listener to this podcast every time your phone checks for a new episode.
Here’s more about insecure links and unique domains.
Keep up to date with Podnews
Information for podcasters
- This podcast doesn’t have a trailer. Apple Podcasts has a specific episode type for a trailer, which also gets used by Spotify and many other podcast apps: but there isn’t one correctly marked in the RSS feed from Podbean.
- The main podcast description seems quite short. Since this is used by many podcast apps to help people find podcasts, we’d recommend making it a little longer, to sell your podcast to potential listeners. Here’s what different apps search.
- Podcast episode titles seem to include episode numbers, which is against Apple Podcasts guidelines and makes it harder to listen to your podcast on smart speakers. Here is what Apple wants to do, and why.
- Get Apple, Google and Spotify badges to link to this podcast, get a magic link for social media, or a QR code.
- Link direct to an episode
- Validate this podcast’s RSS feed at CastFeedValidator
- Learn more about our podcast pages
Privacy: In common with all podcast players, pressing "play" on the inbuilt player above will download the audio directly from the podcast host. That will share some data (like your IP address or details of your device) with them.
Affiliate links: This page links to Apple Podcasts. We may receive a commission for purchases made via those links.
Cache: This page was produced on August 8 at 03:48:37 UTC. Refresh this page