There's Sometimes a Buggy: Irresponsible Opinions About Classic Film
A tv & film podcast from Elise Moore and David Fiore
Add hosts, guests and other creators at Podchaser
Join Dave and Elise every week for a buggy-ride of cinematic exploration. A bilingual Montreal native and a Prairies hayseed gravitate to Toronto for the film culture, meet on OK Cupid, and spur on each other’s movie-love, culminating in this podcast. Expect in-depth discussion of their old favourites (mostly studio-era Hollywood) and their latest frontiers (courtesy of the TIFF Cinematheque and various Toronto rep houses and festivals).
The podcast will be comprised of several potentially never-ending series:
- Fear & Moviegoing in Toronto: Our Perspectives on Choice Local Retrospectives
- Hollywood Studios – Year by Year: Deep-cut dishing on Paramount, MGM, Warner Brothers, RKO, Fox, and Universal items from 1930 to 1948.
- Acteurist oeuvre-views of worthy on-camera creatives, beginning with Jennifer Jones and Setsuko Hara.
- And a big parade of special subjects hand-chosen by whichever of your hosts happens to have a handle on this buggy that week
Finally, this feed also serves as an archive for a wide variety of shows we’ve been doing since 2014, including:
- Another Kind of Distance: A Time Travel Film Podcast
- We’re Not Gonna Talk About Judy: A Twin Peaks The Return Podcast
- Red Time For Bonzo: A Marxist-Reaganist Ronald Reagan Filmography Podcast (this one is Dave with his friends Romy and Gareth)
- And comics ‘casts discussing the works of Grant Morrison, Wolfman and Perez’s New Teen Titans, Gerry Conway’s Amazing-Spider-Man, and Mishkin, Cohn and Colon’s Amethyst Limited Series
This podcast may use dynamic content insertion and uses a unique domain
Stats: Statistics are produced by Libsyn to help There's Sometimes a Buggy: Irresponsible Opinions About Classic Film to understand how many downloads it is getting, or how many people are listening. Your device’s IP address and useragent is used to help calculate this figure. Libsyn is IAB v2 certified.
Dynamic content insertion: Libsyn may use limited data that they know about you - the device you’re using, the approximate location you’re in, or other data that can be derived from this, like the current weather forecast for your area - to change parts of the audio. There's Sometimes a Buggy: Irresponsible Opinions About Classic Film may do this for advertising or for other forms of content, like news stories.
There's Sometimes a Buggy: Irresponsible Opinions About Classic Film is able to use the above tools since its podcast host or measurement company offers this service. It doesn’t mean that this podcast uses them, or has access to this functionality. We use open data.
This podcast uses a unique RSS domain. This podcast is the only one that we’re aware of which uses a domain of timetravel.libsyn.com for its RSS feed. Domains are always visible to anyone who can see your internet traffic - your internet service provider, employer or even your government - even when you use HTTPS connections. If your podcast app uses the RSS feed directly, like Apple Podcasts, then you can be tracked as a listener to this podcast every time your phone checks for a new episode.
Here’s more about insecure links and unique domains.
Apps shown above are appropriate for your device. See all platforms.
Information for podcasters
- Get official Apple, Google and Spotify badges to link to this podcast, or get a magic link for social media.
- Link direct to an episode
- Validate this podcast’s RSS feed at CastFeedValidator
- Learn more about our podcast pages
Privacy: In common with all podcast players, pressing "play" on the inbuilt player above will download the audio directly from the podcast host, and in doing so will share some personal data (like your IP address or details of your device) with them.
Links: Bullhorn, iHeartRadio, iVoox and Spotify do not have official APIs: we are using best endeavours to match their podcast catalogue with this podcast.
Cache: We cache most information on these pages, and are currently caching pages for at least fourteen days. This page was produced on February 23 at 06:31:11 UTC. Flush the cache